Thursday, January 21, 2010

A Little Bit About Me...

I started "running" in grad school in about 2001 or so. After running a few 10ks, I decided, with the help of some people at my church, that I would try to do a triathlon. I used to swim on the team as a kid, and I would swim laps in college for exercise, so the only thing I really needed to add to my skillset was cycling. I did my first triathlon in Charleston, SC the weekend after hurricane Charley hit. The race was planned for the day after Charley, but they postponed it for obvious reasons. When I finished the tri (I used a borrowed mountain bike for the pancake flat road course), I was so proud of myself! I was hooked! I loved the way I felt and I loved that I did something that much of America has never even considered! So, that's pretty much how it all started!

No comments:

Post a Comment