Thursday, May 27, 2010

BRONCHITIS!!

SO.  After a battle with allergies, the junk went to my chest and has created what I will call the "Big Bronchitis Monster," or the BBM.  I have been dealing with the BBM for a little over a week, which means that I have done nothing with my training for that long (other than walk about 2 miles every couple of days to make sure my dog gets his puppy energy out).  My pants are a little tighter.  My chest is tight and heavy, and today I began hacking ridiculously hard.  Luckily I didn't have to be at work until 11:30, so I took a little nap, hoping to feel a little better.  It worked, but when I woke up I sounded like a lifetime smoker.  That was bad for business, because I had to return some phone calls after I woke up, and those poor people probably thought I was a man and had extreme throat clearing issues!

Some things we triathlete wannabes have to learn, though, is to take care of ourselves when we get sick.  I have wanted so badly to go on an easy bike ride on my trainer, but I am refusing to do so until I get rid of the BBM.  I am listening to my body, resting, taking it easy, and allowing my body to heal.  My husband and I have a home improvement project that we need to get started.  He said we need to get started on Saturday morning, which is fine, but I told him I'd need to go to bed early, like 7:30 PM.  All joking aside, though, I probably won't have any trouble at all going to bed early and completing the healing process!  I guess we all need our beauty rest! 

No comments:

Post a Comment